The Graduate Ombudsperson serves as a confidential, neutral, and informal resource for graduate students seeking to address concerns that may be impacting their studies.
The Graduate Ombuds Office is independent of all other departments within the University, and the Ombudsperson does not hold any additional positions at Northeastern. Supportive services provided by the Graduate Ombuds Office may include the following:
- Gathering information on behalf of the visitor that may be relevant to a specific concern or dispute.
- Identifying and explaining policies or procedures that are in practice at the department or college level.
- Discussing and addressing current barriers to resolving a specific conflict.
- Locating additional on- or off-campus resources that may be helpful.
- Facilitating productive conversations via coaching, mediation, or shuttle diplomacy.